Open House Invitation
Eugene Coste School will be hosting an Open House on February 4, 2020 beginning at 4:30 pm. Our open house is intended for families considering enrolling their child in a Spanish Bilingual program. The open house is for parents/guardians. We will have a kid friendly evening in June (date to be determined).
Open House Agenda:
- Overview of Eugene Coste School
- Parent Involvement – School Council, Enrichment Society and Volunteers
- Spanish Bilingual Program Overview
- Time for Questions
- School Tour
Please note that we accept new registrations at both Kindergarten and Grade 1. Previous Spanish language experience is not required and parents do not need to know the language.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year for Kindergarten and Grade 1 will begin on January 20, 2019. In order to register you will need:
1| your child’s original birth certificate or a valid Canadian passport
2| proof of home address – drivers licence, passport, electrical bill, etc.
“DP Energy is proposing two solar projects to be developed on brownfield sites in southeast Calgary. As part of our public consultation process (regulated by the Alberta Utilities Commission), we have identified you as a stakeholder that may have an interest in one or both projects.
We are committed to engaging with landowners, residents, businesses, members of the local community and public stakeholders, and look forward to continuing a conversation with you as we continue to develop our project application. We value your input as an essential part of our development process.
As such we invite you to attend our open house on January 22, 2020 to share your thoughts and have your questions answered. We look forward to meeting you!”
Click the following link for full details: DP-Open-House-Invite-Final
Registration closes February 23.
The 2020 season will run from the week of April 20 to June 14.
The DouglasQuarry Timbits Soccer League includes U4, U6, & U8 programs for kids.
DouglasQuarry Timbits Soccer is a recreational outdoor league of over 460 children, run entirely by volunteers, and sponsored by Tim Hortons & The Calgary Minor Soccer Association.
Compost your real Christmas tree!
Option 1: Put your tree in your green cart
- Cut your tree into smaller pieces to fit inside your green cart (make sure the lid can close).
- Put extra branches into paper yard waste bags, roll closed and set one foot to the side of the cart.
Trees that are not prepared this way will not be collected.
Option 2 – Bring to a tree drop-off from December 26 – February 2
- Remove all lights, ornaments, tinsel, string and tree stands.
- Do not wrap or bag your tree.
Find a list of drop-off locations at calgary.ca/christmastree.
Reduce, reuse and recycle right this holiday season!
This holiday season, make sure your gift wrap, boxes and Christmas food scraps end up in the right cart. Better yet, make even less waste to put in a bin by reducing and reusing more items this Christmas!
Reduce waste this Christmas
- Gift the gift of an experience – tickets, lessons, outdoor activities
- Check what you have at home in the fridge/pantry before you shop
- Make a list and buy only what you need at the grocery store
- Skip paper napkins in favour of cloth ones
Reuse items this Christmas
- Wrap gifts with paper bags/gift boxes, jars and tins, fabrics or dishtowels
- Use reusable containers for leftovers instead of plastic wrap or tin foil
- Save bones for soup stock
- Donate gently used household items like working electronics, furniture, clothing, and toys to a local charity
Recycle and compost right this Christmas
- Crumple wrapping paper into a ball and put in blue cart (no metallic or foil gift wrap)
- Compost food scraps, toothpicks, paper napkins and paper plates in green cart
- Recycle tin cans, glass jars and plastic containers. Make sure they are empty, clean and dry.
Take old electronics to an electronics recycling drop-off – calgary.ca/electronics
This is Cst. Anthony Thompson, our CRO for District 8.
Follow him on Facebook for district updates:
Come join us for a free, fun, family winter skate to celebrate our new rink shack!
Sunday, December 29, 2019 from 1pm – 3pm, at the Douglasdale Rink (MAP)
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Calgary Ward 12 Councillor Shane Keating
Calgary Ward 14 Councillor Peter Demong
Green cart yard tips
It’s that time of year to rake up the leaves and prep your yard for winter. Follow these composting tips:
- Extra leaves and yard waste belong in your green cart. Put it all directly into the green cart.
- Fill paper yard waste bags for extra branches and leaves. Roll the top of the bag closed.
- Extra yard waste put out in garbage bags will not be collected.
Find more green cart information at calgary.ca/greencart.
– and –
Green cart pickup moves to every other week in November
With winter on the way, green cart pickup will change to once every other week starting in November.
Find your new winter schedule online at calgary.ca/collection
You can also sign up for free reminders or download the free Garbage Day app so you never miss a collection day.
Did you know? Your carts must be out by 7 a.m. on pickup day.